Tractor Trailer Accidents
Free Case Evaluation
Fill out the form below to schedule a free evaluation.
Pittsburgh Truck Accident Attorneys
By engaging a skilled trucking accident lawyer after a major accident, an injured individual can focus on their recovery while having peace of mind that their legal rights are being pursued vigorously. The lawyer’s expertise and dedication to their client’s best interests can significantly increase the chances of obtaining fair compensation for the damages suffered.
Trucking Accident FAQ
Trucking accidents encompass a range of scenarios that can lead to injuries or fatalities for those involved. These accidents can have devastating consequences due to the size, weight, and force of commercial trucks. Understanding the various types of trucking accidents is essential for recognizing the risks and implementing preventive measures. Here are some common types of trucking accidents that result in injuries or loss of life:
- Rear-End Collisions: Rear-end accidents occur when a truck collides with the rear of another vehicle.
- Jackknife Accidents: Jackknifing happens when a truck’s trailer swings out to an angle of 90 degrees or more in relation to the cab.
- Rollover Accidents: Rollover accidents occur when a truck tips onto its side or roof.
- Underride Accidents: Underride accidents involve a smaller vehicle colliding with the rear or side of a truck and sliding underneath it.
- Wide-Turn Accidents: Large trucks require ample space to make turns due to their extended length.
- Tired or Drowsy Driving Accidents: Truck drivers, especially those who exceed legal driving limits or fail to take adequate rest breaks, are susceptible to fatigue and drowsiness.
- Cargo Spills and Lost Load Accidents: Improperly secured or overloaded cargo can lead to cargo spills or lost load accidents.
These are just a few examples of the different types of trucking accidents that can result in harm to individuals. Each type of accident carries its own set of risks and requires specific preventive measures. Enhancing driver training, implementing strict safety regulations, conducting regular vehicle maintenance, and promoting awareness campaigns can contribute to reducing the occurrence of these accidents and ensuring the safety of everyone on the road.