Free Case Evaluation
Fill out the form below to schedule a free evaluation.
Sexual Abuse Injury Attorneys
Victims of sexual abuse often suffer physical, psychological, and emotional injuries as a result of the abuse they endured. Our compassionate and capable attorneys help these victims obtain financial compensation to help cover the costs associated with these injuries.
Sexual Abuse Law FAQ
A sexual abuse lawsuit for personal injury damages is a legal action initiated by a survivor of sexual abuse seeking compensation for the harm they have suffered.
In this type of lawsuit, the survivor alleges that they have experienced physical, psychological, and emotional injuries as a result of the sexual abuse, and they seek financial compensation to help cover the costs associated with those injuries.
How a Sexual Abuse Injury Lawyer Can Help
- Legal Advice and Guidance: A lawyer specializing in sexual abuse cases can provide crucial legal advice and guidance throughout the entire legal process. They can explain the applicable laws, statutes of limitations, and legal options available to the survivor. They can also help the survivor understand their rights, potential outcomes, and the steps involved in pursuing a lawsuit.
- Case Evaluation and Investigation: A lawyer will thoroughly evaluate the survivor’s case, gathering relevant information, evidence, and documentation. This may include medical records, therapy records, witness statements, and other evidence that supports the survivor’s claims. They can also work with investigators to gather additional evidence, such as surveillance footage or expert testimony.
- Legal Strategy and Representation: A lawyer will develop a legal strategy tailored to the survivor’s specific circumstances and goals. They will represent the survivor’s interests throughout the legal process, including filing necessary documents, negotiating with opposing parties, and advocating on behalf of the survivor in court.
- Settlement Negotiations: Many sexual abuse cases are resolved through negotiated settlements. A lawyer will engage in settlement negotiations with the opposing party, aiming to secure a fair and just compensation for the survivor’s injuries. They will advocate for the survivor’s best interests and ensure that any settlement agreement reached adequately addresses the harm suffered.
- Trial Representation: If a settlement cannot be reached, the case may proceed to trial. A lawyer will provide skilled trial representation, presenting the survivor’s case before a judge and/or jury. They will handle the complexities of the trial process, including presenting evidence, questioning witnesses, making legal arguments, and advocating for the survivor’s rights.
- Emotional Support and Empowerment: Beyond legal expertise, a lawyer can offer emotional support and guidance to survivors throughout the legal journey. They understand the sensitive nature of sexual abuse cases and can help survivors navigate the emotional challenges that may arise during the legal process.
It is important to choose a lawyer with experience and expertise in sexual abuse cases. They will have the necessary knowledge and sensitivity to handle these delicate matters and provide the best possible legal representation for the survivor.
If you or a loved one has suffered sexual abuse, contact the personal injury lawyers at Lupetin & Unatin for help. We have the experienced team necessary to gather all the evidence, documentation (police reports, incident reports, and others), photographs, witness statements, medical records, and more that may help strengthen your case. We will help you win your case and obtain the money you deserve.