Guardian of Civil Justice Scholarship
Lupetin & Unatin is pleased to announce the Guardian of Civil Justice Scholarships available to current and future students of Pitt and Duquesne law schools interested in a career devoted to engagement and advancement of the civil justice system in America.
The term “civil justice” means many different things to different people. We believe victims of medical malpractice face the same challenges that confront all persons whose lives have been changed by the carelessness of others. We strive to give our clients a level playing field with powerful health systems, insurance companies, and product manufacturers.
Our civil justice system also protects our workers, safeguards our roadways, protects us from dangerous products, and provides those who have been discriminated against and demeaned a platform to speak truth to power and hold wrongdoers accountable.
We are privileged for the opportunity to offer the Guardian of Civil Justice Scholarships in recognition of the important, yet often overlooked, contributions by so many who strive to achieve civil justice for all Americans. Here are the details:
– First Place $7,500
– Second Place $2,500
- The scholarships are open to future students who have accepted admission into or who are already enrolled in either the University of Pittsburgh or Duquesne University School of Law for the 2020 academic year.
- The funds can be applied to tuition, books, supplies, equipment and/or other required fees, at the law school where the student is currently enrolled OR towards tuition, books, supplies, equipment, and/or other fees for when the student enrolls at either the University of Pittsburgh or Duquesne University School of Law.
- The applicant must comply with IRS rules to qualify for the tax-free benefits of the scholarship.
How To Apply
To apply for the Guardian of Civil Justice Scholarships, complete the application form located below. In addition, applicants are required to upload the following:
- An essay between 750 and 1,500 words addressing the importance of the civil justice system in the United States of America and how the civil justice system has benefited you, your family or your community.
- A current, unofficial transcript from your law school or college/university undergraduate or graduate program.
Scholarship Entry Deadlines
Completed applications and supporting documents will be accepted from March 1, 2020 through May 15, 2020.
The first and second place winners will be notified by phone no later than June 1, 2020. The winners will be required to show proof of enrollment in law school.
Our Use of Your Submission and Related Information
All submissions become the property of Lupetin & Unatin, LLC. By applying for the Guardian of Civil Justice scholarship, the applicant grants Lupetin & Unatin, LLC and its employees, agents and/or representatives permission to post the applicants’ names, photos, and the winning entries on the firm’s website https://www.pamedmal.com and on other marketing platforms such as law firm blogs, law firm social media accounts, law firm newsletters and marketing campaigns.
Questions about the Guardian of Civil Justice Scholarship?
If you have questions about the Guardian of Civil Justice Scholarship, please feel free to call our office at 412-776-0502 or click “Contact Us” on our home page to complete a contact form.
The scholarship entry deadline has passed.